Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies with Reese's Pieces (adapted from The Curvy Carrot)
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup Reese's Pieces candies
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (I used Nestle chocolate chunks)
In the bowl of your standing mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter, peanut butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, egg, and vanilla extract until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. In a separate large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and baking powder. With the mixer running, slowly add the flour mixture to the peanut butter mixture, mixing until combined.
Add the Reese's Pieces and chocolate chips. Mix to combine.
In rounded tablespoons, place the cookies about 2 inches apart on an ungreased baking sheet, pressing each one down slightly to flatten.
Bake the cookies until the bottoms are lightly browned, about 10 minutes total. Transfer the cookies to a wire rack and let cool completely.